1) You're the voice - John Farnham This song just straight out rocks. It's the message we need to send.. we need to encourage others to join us, loudly and at every chance I get. The message needs to be, very clearly, 'If you agree with me, let's join forces to change things'. Actually, maybe I just need to take a good hard look at how things are. Maybe they implimented IPv6 and the world is a pretty wonderful place. That seems pretty likely. I'd like to be more enlightened than I am, but I think I better start out with the hands and the mind that I've learned how to drive. I wonder if I'm still not going to die when I walk out into the real world. I also wonder if have and can learn to behave. I hope so.
2) Modern Crusaders - Enigma Not sure I beleive in this song any more. I've had pretty coherent proof in the judicial process. What a simulation. It was even kind of fun, until the whole relationships thing came up.
("Don't Look Back. The time has come. All the pain turns into love. We're not submissive, we're not aggressive. But they think we can't defend. Stand up. Join us, modern crusaders alive. We have the power to face the future, because we are the fighters-- just fighting for our rights. They're accusing, like always without knowing what is just fiction or what is the truth. They have no mission. They have no passion, but they dare to tell us what's bad and what's good! Stand up. Join us, modern crusaders alive. We are the power who'll face the future, because we are the fighters-- just fighting for our rights. Stand up. Join us, modern crusaders alive! ")
3) Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears for Fears
("High time we made a stand And shook up the views of the common man A love train rides from coast to coast Dj's the man we love the most Could you be, could you be, squeaky clean And smash any hope of democracy The headline says you're free to choose There's egg on your face and mud on your shoes One of these days they're gonna call it the blues ")
4) Pleased to meet you - Rolling stones
(just insert whatever nasty things your victim has been up to. Good clean fun. Try it.)
Note: The net is the ultimate resource for a protest. It's necessary to coordinate how the protest's net presence should be run. For example, someone should figure out how to tie several disparate listservs together. This way, it's much harder to censor. Also, there needs to be a separate, and easy to use chat room.
Note #2: Someone might want to look up who owns Egroups before using them as a chat/mailing-list service. One of the biggest problems with the recent movements is they drasticly underestimate the power of the Powers That Be over the media. They believe that because we live in a country with freedom of the press, there's freedom of the press. They forget we also live in a country where he who has the gold makes the rules. Or do we? I never even studied economics. Yeesh. When did I go to rehab? What was my life like before rehab? Suddenly my memories of the mental hospital make more sense.
1) Utah Phillips 2) Jackson Browne 3) Billy Joel 4) Indigo Girls 5) Ani DiFrancoOther songs that have a really good message: